from Ottawa Area Intergroup newsletter, Our Primary Purpose, March 2002
SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
Copyright © Ottawa Area Intergroup, March 2002
Watch for signs of peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to it and it seems likely that we could find our society experiencing it in epidemic proportions, which then, of course, could pose a serious threat to what has up to now seemed a fairly stable condition in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:
1. Tendency to think and act spontaneously, rather than from fears based on past experiences.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. Loss of interest in judging other people.
4. Loss of interest in judging self.
5. Loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
6. Loss of interest in conflict.
7. Loss ob ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom!)
8. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9. Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
11. Increasing the tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
12. Increased susceptibility to love
extended by others, as well as the
uncontrollable urge to extend it.
WARNING: If you have all or even most of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of PEACE may be so far advanced as to not be curable!
If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting several of these symptoms, remain exposed only at your own risk!